As a Keto Coach I’ll never ask someone to do something I’ve never done myself so when it came time to implement the Egg Fast strategy with my current Keto 102 group I braced myself! See I like eggs… but I don’t LOVE eggs… so the thought of eating them, and only them, for 3 days did not excite me!
Let me give a spoiler alert though so you’ll want to keep reading… IT WORKED… and I survived lol:)
What the heck is an Egg Fast and is it healthy? Well let me start with yes its perfectly safe and healthy but as usual if you have special health circumstances follow your doctors orders 😊 The Egg Fast is one of the 7 Fat Burning Strategies that I teach in my Keto 102 program. I recommend getting yourself into nutritional ketosis first and fat adapted before you try any of these, including the Egg Fast. This is a great strategy to use when your keto loving body needs something extra to get past a plateau.
So what did I eat?
Day 1 I was boring and stuck to scrambled eggs with cheese (cooked in 1 TBSP of kerrygold butter) and a cheese omelet.
Days 2 & 3 though got better as I discovered Egg Salad and Snickerdoodle Crepes! Yum!! See below for recipes!
Snickerdoode Crepes- Recipe courtesy of Melissa Sevigny of ibreatheimhungry.com
For the crepes:
· 6 eggs
· 5 oz cream cheese, softened
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute (I used Lakanto monkfruit)
· butter for frying
For the filling:
· 8 Tbsp butter, softened
· 1/3 cup granulated sugar substitute
· 1 Tbsp (or more) cinnamon
1. Blend all of the crepe ingredients (except the butter) together in a blender or magic bullet until smooth. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
2. Heat butter in a nonstick pan on medium heat until sizzling.
3. Pour enough batter into the pan to form a 6 inch crepe. Cook for about 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional minute.
4. Remove and stack on a warm plate. You should end up with about 8 crepes.
5. Meanwhile, mix your sweetener and cinnamon in a small bowl or baggie until combined.
6. Stir half of the mixture into your softened butter until smooth.
7. To serve, spread 1 Tbsp of the butter mixture onto the center of your crepe.
8. Roll up and sprinkle with about 1 tsp of additional sweetener/cinnamon mixture.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 434 calories, 42g fat, 2g net carbs, 12g protein
So how did it go? Well you can see from my post I lost 3.5 pounds which made me happy! In addition though, I had great energy and didn’t feel too hungry. I did have a couple of string cheese snacks which helped! Will I do the Egg Fast again? Yes, if I hit another plateau (or rather when I hit another plateau) I will definitely do this again to boost my ketosis and fat burning!
If you have any questions or would like info on future coaching groups please feel free reach out! Kimberlycronin@outlook.com